Thursday 28 August 2008

Wee finds at TK Maxx

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've set foot inside a TK Maxx store.

When I first arrived in the UK, I made a beeline for this shop. It was, apparently, where "savvy shoppers" head to unearth a designer gem. Heck, I thought, I'm a savvy shopper. So off I toddled, dedicating a decent amount of time to digging around in a bid to bag a designer bargain [note to self: go easy on the alliteration]. But after a few visits yielded zero startling finds, I gave it up as the stuff of legend.

But there I was this afternoon, back at my local Lewisham branch, trawling the racks in desperation for a bikini. I know. It's the end of the season. I've missed the boat. BUT, I'm flying off to Sardinia next month and I have a bad habit of leaving bikini buying 'til the last minute. That's because it's a demon task from hell. Still, I thought I had nothing to lose and dutifully made my way around the shop floor.

Not surprisingly, there was zilch in the way of swimsuits BUT, I did end up in the scarf section (yep, miles away from bikinis) and found a rather choice selection including a See by Chloe cotton print scarf (£19), a striking orange and black silk McQ by Alexander McQueen scarf (£99 - down from £500), a dancing Olivia red silk Moschino scarf (£15) and a woolen tan and cream scarf by Michael Kors (£19). I also discovered a bunch of pretty Calvin Klein and Elle McPherson bras for around £6 over in lingerie. Cheep cheep!

7 comments:

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

Olive is sooo cute! And Sardinia?! You lucky bird! Do you need a bikini Fed-exed to you from Down Under? I'll be back in early September...if it's not too late. xxx

the assistant said...

Okay, you've inspired me. I'm off to TK Maxx lingerie - stat!

the assistant said...

Okay, you've inspired me. I'm off to TK Maxx lingerie - stat!

petajane said...

I've had the same problem with TK Maxx, friends showing me their bargains and me not being able to find what I want. But I did find a great Orla Kiely-style overnight bag when I was wandering in there aimlessly with a friend. I think it's a good place to browse when you have a free afternoon but not when you need a specific item.

Make Do Style said...

Oh TK Maxx my fav haunt - I'm staying away but the lure of scarves is too much.
Plus have you seen cute swallow necklace for £5 in topshop.

Ondo Lady said...

I have never understood the fascination of that shop. A branch near me has opened up so if I am really bored one day I will pop in there to see what all the fuss is about.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :D

I love the scarf there - they all sound like brilliant buys!